1. Modify “Security & Privacy” setting in “System Preferences”. 2. Click the “Open Anyway” button and then execute the scanner driver, *.pkg.
1. Modify “Security & Privacy” setting in “System Preferences”. 2. Click the lock to “unlock”.3. Select “Anywhere” to allow apps downloaded from “Anywhere”.
A3 2400S can scan to 2400 dpi with a small area in TWAIN panel. for ScanMust Quick scanning just can support Scan to 1200 DPI.
1. Open Safari and go to http://www.mustek.com/support.html download page.
2. On the left side of the download page, click the arrow on the Product Name field to open the product list, then select your scanner model, for example A3 1200S. Select either “C9A” or “D21” in the below filed that matches the first 3 digits in the serial number sticker on the scanner.
3. Click the arrow on the Type field, and then select “Utilities” from the list. Select your region from the Download dropdown menu in the Utilities- Image Acquire column to download the driver. When the download prompt pops up, click "Save" to download the file then install it to your Mac OS X.
If have any problem, please refer the below FAQ :
Unable to download scanner driver or software on website on Mac OS X Unable to open the *.pkg driver file after download scanner driver on MAC 10.10 ~ MAC 10.13
4. Find the ImageAcquire in "Applications" folder on your Mac computer. Then, double click on the ImageAcquire to launch it.
ImageAcquire software download If have any problem, please refer the FAQ "Unable to be installed after web downloaded Image Acquire software on Mac".
5. When Image Acquire opens, select the correct scanner from the device field that is connected to your Mac, and then click “Acquire”.
Then, the TWAIN interface will open in the Image Acquire, and is ready for scanning.
Notice :1. If you select the correct scanner name then click Acquire, the above TWAIN interface not open. You need to confirm the Scanner PID and Scanner Name again then check you installed the correct driver or not. Please refer the FAQ "How to find the Hardware Product ID (PID) on Mac OS X", it show Scanner PID List and Product Name List.
2. After confirm the First item, the above TWAIN interface still not open. You could try to uninstall ImageAcquire or move ImageAcquire to trash from "Applications" folder then reinstall other version of ImageAcquire. The latest version of ImageAcquire is v2.1. Some older scanner need to use ImageAcquire v2.0.1 or v1.0.6 version.
ImageAcquire software download
1. Mustek A3 scanner cannot support using “Image Capture” included in Mac OS X.
2. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the supplied Image Acquire software on Mac OS X.
3. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the TWAIN-compliant scanning applications, such as Adobe Photoshop.
4. ScanMust for Mac Users:
ScanMust software download link :
Scanner model supported : 1. A3 600S (D2J) 2. A3 1200S (D2I/D68/D69) 3. A3 2400S (D3K/D66/D6C/D6D) 4. A31200HS 5. A3F1200N 6. A3F2400N 7. PageExpress 4800 Pro (A4 Scanner)
Open the ScanMust after installed.
Before scanning your must first select the correct scanner which is connected to your computer.
Click "Select Source" in the ScanMust menu, and then select the scanner model from the list, as shown in the following example.
ScanMust Manual Help.
1. Ensure your Mac computer has been connected to the scanner using supplied power adapter and USB cable.
2. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of the screen, then “About This Mac”.
3. Click the “System Report” button to open System Information dialog.
4. Select “USB” under the Hardware list in the left sidebar. Find “Vendor-Specific Device” in the USB Device Tree under USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, then click on it and in the section below you will see the Product and Vendor ID for the scanner.
After confirm your scanner PID and Product name, you could go to our website to download the correct driver. And you need to uninstall previous scanner driver first then reinstall the latest driver. http://www.mustek.com.tw/support/driver-manual-downloads.html Our website download or FTP download
If you can’t find it, this means the scanner is not well connected to the Mac computer. Please try to connect the scanner to the different USB port on your Mac computer, and check again under the USB Device Tree / USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus. If the scanner is still not found, please contact your dealer or email us.
5. When the scanner is detected on your Mac computer, and the scanner driver corresponding to your scanner model has already installed, you will be able to use the scanner with the Image Acquire on the Mac.
1. When you use the Image Acquire driver downloaded from the website, it will pop out a security dialog when installing the driver. 2. Open "System Preferences", and select "Security & Privacy". 3. Select the "General" tab, and then click "Open Anyway" to continue installing the Image Acquire.
1. Turn off the iMac, and unplug all the USB devices from your iMac.
2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
3. Plug machine back in.
4. Press the power button.
5. Hold down command option PR on boot.
6. Hold these down until the machine reboots, let go of keys.
7. Boot normally.
8. Plug in 1 device (mouse or keyboard)
9. Test All of the ports!
10. Plug in back our A3 scanner and check whether can find our scanner from Mac OS USB list.
1. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then "About This Mac".
2. Select "System Report" tab to open the System Information dialog.
3. Select USB in the Hardware section. Find "Vendor-Specific Device" in the USB Device Tree, then click on it and in the box below you will see a Product and Vendor ID.
After confirm your scanner PID and Product name, you could go to our website to download the correct driver again. And you need to uninstall previous scanner driver first then reinstall the latest driver. http://www.mustek.com.tw/support/driver-manual-downloads.html Our website download or FTP download .
1. Click on the “System Hard Disk”, and then “Library” folder.
2. Remove your scanner model from the Bundles folder and your scanner model’s TWAIN files from the TWAIN Data Sources in the Image Capture folder.
3. Now the scanner drivers are uninstalled from your computer.